Friday 9 March 2012

Motorcycle card

Nearly the weekend, only one more sleep before my first ever card making class in Lincolnshire. I can't wait I'm all prepared now and even had time to make a card this morning. Todays card uses one of Stampin Up's A La Carte stamps that you can buy individually. This one is the motorcycle stamp.
 I've used a roller stamp for the stars down the side inked in two colours, real red and not quite navy. The star roller stamp is now a discontinued SU product, but they have a lovely texture stamping wheel in the current catalogue that would work just as well. I'm not 100% happy with how I inked up the roller, so next time I'll use just one colour which will give a much crisper image. I've also inked the edges of the card with not quite navy ink to give it a slighty distressed look.

  

The card stock is riding hood red, the sentiment is from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set which I've puched out using the word window and modern label punches. Finally I've added some twine around the side although not SU they do sell something similar.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the weekend.
Sharon x

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today Sharon, I'll be there in spirit watching over you. you will be fine. I love this card, its given me a great idea to make a card for me neighbour, he is Motorbike mad and its his birthday next month.
    have a great weekend
    hugs rozzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...